February 24, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Wow! I can't believe it has already been three years since we tied the knot! In some ways, it feels like we have only been married for a few weeks and in others, it seems like we have been together forever (in a good way, of course ^_^).

For our anniversary, we decided to go to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen, in layman's terms) for dinner. After a round of fried artichoke hearts for an appetizer, I enjoyed the wild mushroom pizza and Ben savored the Pear and Gorgonzola pizza (sounds weird, but is actually quite delicious).

Unfortunately, since we have our little one who is on a pretty strict bedtime, we couldn't do more than dinner ... or at least, that's what I thought...

One our way home from dinner, Ben kept making "wrong turns." At first, I thought he was just being stubborn as I was attempting to direct him on where to go (I honestly thought we was a little lost, asking perplexed, "Where do you think you are going?") and was just driving aimlessly. It soon became clear, however, that he had a clear destination in mind.

After driving for a bit (we had a little trouble finding the super secret location), we pulled up in front of what looked like an old house in Salt Lake. I had just had my eyes checked and was still adjusting to wearing one contact lens for my poor farsighted eye, so even as we pulled into the parking lot I couldn't read the sign of our final stop.

Where were we? You ask? The Anniversary Inn! Ben had arranged for us to spend a romantic evening baby-free! He had sneakily planned to have the Liv-ster spend the night at my mothers. I was so surprised! I had been completely clueless as to what was going on.

For anyone who doesn't know about the Anniversary Inn, all of their rooms are themed. They have jungle rooms, outer space rooms, garden rooms, even a "Presidential Suite" decorated in red, white, and blue. Our room was on the tippy-top floor and was called... drum-roll, please... The Mysteries of Egypt. Sounds cool, huh? Well, it was!
 
It was made to look like the inside of a pyramid, if pyramids had jetted tubs, beautiful sitting rooms, and surround sound, that is. One of my favorite elements of the room was the tub. It was large and rested underneath a huge snake sculpture... which also doubled as the shower head! The faucet for the tub was disguised as a beautiful, trickling waterfall that meandered down stones into the tub itself. It was just really... incredible, for lack of a better word.


I also loved the little sitting alcove in our room. It was in the top of the "tower" of the building and had windows all around and sharply pointed ceiling (such a cozy place to eat the delicious hot breakfast we were served in the morning).



To top things off, Ben made a romantic gift basket that had sparkling apple cider, chocolates, rose petals, and... another drum-roll, please... a gorgeous ring! I felt so spoiled. I must say, I think my husband is the best! It's not just because he pampers me, but because he compliments me as a person so well. He is truly the peanut butter to my jelly, the mac to my cheese. I am a lucky woman to have such a wonderful partner and friend. I love him with all my heart! Here's to many, many more wonderful years together, hon! Happy anniversary!

 P.S. I almost forgot to mention another thing that made this anniversary perfect: this year I wasn't sick and throwing up like I was on both our first and second anniversaries! Huzzah!

P.P.S. If you want to see a couple more pictures of our awesome room at the Anniversary Inn, click here!

3 Li'l Comments:

Kelly Family said...

What a fun anniversary!! Gorgeous ring too! Happy anniversary!

.brittney. said...

Thanks! It was such a wonderful surprise. My husband is pretty sneaky... and sweet!

N said...

Your blog is way cool.

Post a Comment