November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



I have to say, I love Thanksgiving. Getting together with family to enjoy a delicious (and usually huge) meal would make anyone feel thankful. Since our family is so large, we were, lucky enough to have three, yes three, Thanksgiving dinners to attend.

On Wednesday, we went to my dad and step-mom's house for dinner, pumpkin pie and, of course, some episodes of X-files. Livi ate 3 rolls, green beans, ham, a pickle, some red onions, and a most of a whole slice of pumpkin pie. That's my girl! Embracing the Thanksgiving spirit of eating 'til your stomach hurts.
On Thursday, the happy day itself, we enjoyed a meal with my mom, step-dad, and my wonderful "step-family" (Alan's family). We tried not to fill up too much as we had another Thanksgiving "dinner" immediately to follow. I did, however, have seconds of the sweet potatoes my aunt Jenny made. They were the best I have ever tasted. I loved them... and I hate sweet potatoes!

We had our last stop at Ben's folks house, which was full to the rafters with his expansive immediate family. I love that bunch! This year everyone contributed by making a dish (mine, ironically, was sweet potatoes) and everything was so delicious.

After a few hours of eating and socializing, I got to cap off my Thanksgiving by working a shift at the ER registration desk, which I tried to do with a thankful heart (ER desk intimidates me so badly).

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope all our wonderful family and friends did, too!

0 Li'l Comments:

Post a Comment